The Quantity Surveyor supports the Superintendent and Project Manager on an assigned project. Performs routine daily activities and assists in gathering and distributing information to team members. Possesses strong written and verbal communications skills and manages time effectively.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. The preparation of Bills and Schedules of Quantities of materials, labor and services required in the construction and equipment of building, or engineering works.
2. Visit building sites to monitor progress.
3. Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client;
4. Preparation of specifications when required so to do, and;
5. Undertaking costs analysis for project work;
6. Performing risk and value management and cost control;
7. Preparing and analysing costings for tenders;
8. Advising on procurement strategy;
9. Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
10. Prepares Billing of Subcontractors
11. Providing advice on contractual claims.
12. Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports.
13. Valuing completed work and arranging payments.
14. Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent required.
• Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications.
• Positive Attitude.
• Time management and organizational skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Microsoft Project.
• Knowledge of Primavera, MS Project and AutoCAD