The QA/QC Officer supports the Superintendent and Project Manager on an assigned project. Performs routine daily activities and assists in gathering and distributing information to team members. Possesses strong written and verbal communications skills and manages time effectively.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
•Organize, implement, conduct and manage the QA/QC Programs as per the Company's Quality Policy.
• Coordinate the document controls of technical submittals, drawings, etc with the Project Team and to ensure that the QA/QC validation has been done, to ensure their issue, amendments and recall of controlled documents.
• Coordinate all inspections, monitor the required tests and record inspections and tests made passing the Contract Plan and Contract Specifications.
• Provide technical support to the Superintendent or Project Manager and guidance to site staff in submission of materials for approval, request for inspection, shop drawings, As-built drawings, O & M manual.
• Assists the Superintendent or Project Manager in conducting internal quality audits.
• Attend Monthly Project Review Meetings (PRM) and alert the project team of any potential problems.
• Develop and update Quality Plans
• Review and or document Field Change activities Provide input for construction quality issues
• Perform internal audits to assess compliance to Standards and to the internal Quality System, including investigation, presentation of observations and findings, and reporting.
• Apply sound systematic problem solving methodologies in identifying, prioritizing, communicating, and resolving construction quality issues
• Provide trending analysis on quality issues and performance metrics. Provide guidance on treatment of punchlist items vs. nonconformances
• Bachelor’s degree in Materials Engineering or equivalent required.
• Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications.
• Positive Attitude.
• Time management and organizational skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Microsoft Project.
• Knowledge of Primavera, MS Project and AutoCAD.
• Knowledgeable in ASTM, ACI and ISO 9001 standards